Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Grandville - Dealership not backing up mistake
Update added by user Apr 01
I took this matter to Chrysler Corporate.They responded back with a phone call telling me that Zeigler Chrysler is not responsible for this problem.
The mechanic, Mr. Higgins, Michigan license # M238347, removed my wireless ignition and replaced it broken.
Zeigler Chrysler will not replace it or repair it.
What kind of service dealer would allow this to happen?
Original review posted by user Mar 23
On March 1st of this year I delivered my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee to Harold Zeigler, Chrysler dealership on 4200 Parkway Place Dr. Grandville, MI 49418 to have a P57 Safety Recall (Wireless Ignition) completed.
I purchased this vehicle new at the Chrysler dealership in Sterling Heights MI, on VanDyke ave. I had dealership install a tow package, heated seats and a remote starter. This is one of the dealerships that were closed during the economic downfall after 2009.
Harold Zeigler told me that they could not complete the recall due to an aftermarket remote start system. Tim Cunigan, Service Advisor, hand carried the module out to the waiting room and explained the concern. Harold Zeigler reinstalled the module and did not charge me for the service. They were very polite and courteous. I noticed they did a 23 point no charge inspection. I felt that the service was great.
Later in the week I tried to remote start the vehicle. It did not work. I sometimes don’t correctly press the remote start button so didn’t think much of the issue. I again attempted to remote start the vehicle with no luck. I called Zeigler and explained the problem. Tim Cunigan setup a time for me to return the vehicle. The return date was on March 21, 2016. After a short time Tim Cunigan informed me that the aftermarket remote start unit is not sending the proper key signal and no longer works. He recommend that I take the vehicle to a shop that installs these system for further diagnosis.
The problem I have with this is Harold Zeigler damaged my remote start and is not resolving the issue. I paid Chrysler over $600.00 for this remote start and now Zeigler is not going to fix there mistake?
I’ll be glad to take this problem to a third party and have it fixed, but not at my cost. Chrysler needs to stand behind their errors. So I am looking at you, Corporate Chrysler to demand that Harold Zeigler reimburse me for any costs.
March 23, 2016.
Timothy F. Haller
8470 Corsica Dr.
Jenison, MI 49428-9583
(616) 667-2623 home
(586) 556-9172 cell
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Quick customer service
What I disliked
- Service department breaking my remote start and not fixing it
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!! I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer,..."
- "I have a 2006 Chevy HHR LS and the interior door handle broke off yesterday. To replace this I was informed that you have to spend $300+ to buy the..."
- "My 2010 SS broke a valve spring while driving about 20MPH in a parking lot. This caused the valve to drop and the piston imploded, causing the rod to come..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "Instant Bulk SMTP Instant Bulk SMTP is an outgoing email service that will allow you to send emails from your email address either you have your own software or you don’t..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."